|OpaVote in December 2014|
To the right, you can see a screenshot of how OpaVote appeared in December 2014. Shortly afterwards, we hired a graphic artist to design a new logo and we completely revamped the site to make it mobile friendly and better looking.
Below are some other highlights of the past year, and we are looking forward to an even better 2016.
New Features in 2015
Over the past year, we had over 100 checkins of new code. There are too many improvements to list them all, but here are some of the top improvements:
- Redesign of entire website to improve appearance and make it mobile friendly.
- Added code voters in addition to email voters.
- Added option to prevent voter from casting empty or incomplete vote.
- Added more functionality to Counts (e.g., ballot editing, counting options, withdrawing candidates, ballot cleaning, and appending ballots)
- Added Stripe payments in addition to PayPal payments.
- Allow managers to make one payment to apply to multiple elections.
- Automatically email the ballots to the manager at the end of the election.
- Allow managers to login with Facebook and LinkedIn in addition to Google.
- Allow managers to publish results after reviewing them at the end of an election.
- Allow managers to disable voters (e.g., if an email was sent to the voter's old email address).
Help Promote OpaVote
At OpaVote, we don't do any sales or marketing and we depend on referrals from happy customers to grow our business. This keeps our expenses low and means we can offer you very low prices. Please help us by doing the following two things:
- Tell your friends and colleagues about OpaVote. For every organization you refer, we will give you an OpaVote credit equal to their first month's use of OpaVote.
- Link to OpaVote from your website (e.g., your election page or blog post). This informs your voters so they are not surprised when they receive an OpaVote email and we also appreciate the search engine karma.
Donations by OpaVoteAt OpaVote, we are committed to improving voting rights, and our small contribution to that effort is to help introduce organizations to to better voting methods, such as ranked-choice voting, and to make it easy and affordable for organizations to use better voting methods.
We also want to support voting rights in other ways, and to that end, OpaVote has donated $500 to each of the following organizations: